The granite monument to the 13th Connecticut Volunteers is in Winchester National Cemetery in Winchester, Virginia. (39° 11.028′ N, 78° 9.437′ W; map)
The 13th Connecticut was part of the 19th Army Corps, who served in Lousiana from 1862 and 1863. In the summer of 1864 they were brought to Virginia to reinforce Grant's Siege of Petersburg, but after Jubal Early's Raid on Washington they instead were added to Sheridan's Army of the Shenandoah.
Colonel Charles D. Blinn commanded the regiment in the battles of Third Winchester, Fisher's Hill and Cedar Creek.
From the front of the monument:
13th. Regt. Conn. Vols.
From the rear:
Georgia Landing La. Oct. 27, 1862.
Irish Bend La. Apr. 14, 1863.
Vermillion Bayou La. Apr. 17, 1863.
Siege of Port Hudson May 24, to July 9, 1863.
Cane River La. Apr. 22, 1864.
Mansura La. May 16, 1864.
Winchester Va. Sep. 19, 1864.
Fisher's Hill Va. Sep. 22, 1864.
Cedar Creek Va. Oct. 19, 1864.
The right side of the monument is inset with the symbol of the Nineteenth Army Corps. The left side, completely covered by shrubbery, has the seal of the State of Connecticut.
See more about the 13th Connecticut Infantry Regiment during the Civil War